? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, July 21, 2008

An AMAZING story...

Summer is almost over--we have about 3 weeks before school starts back up. And let me just say that this summer is going to the be one of the most memorable summers that I've ever had. I've made some wonderful friends and met some wonderful children. I've really been loving my life lately. I loved camp so much that I started thinking about changing my major to elementary education. I love those kids and I long to teach them everything. So I've really been considering it.

We left camp Saturday afternoon and we all promised to stay in touch. I cried on the way home just because I know it doesn't work that way. Anyway, after being home for about 2 hours, I got a call from the sweetest sister counselors, Emily and Elizabeth, saying that they wanted to come spend time with me. So about 3 hours after that, I was in the company of my counselor friends. I told them about wanting to change my major and I asked for them to pray for me. Then, they called Joel, another counselor, and he wanted to come visit us all in Senatobia. So by 4:00 Sunday afternoon, 4 of the 8 counselors were together again. It was wonderful!

The last week at camp, one of the counselors, Blake, told me about the church that he leads worship for and I told him that I was going to come see him. He didn't believe me. But when Joel, Emily, and Elizabeth showed up at my doorstep, we made plans to travel to Oxford to hang out with Blake. I have to say, Blake's church is AWESOME. It's an Anglican church, and the people there were so sweet and so welcoming. We happened to come on a night that they were doing to communion, which made me nervous. But it was nice.

ANYWAY, back to the actual story. During communion I started praying that God would really just show me which way to go with my education. I like those flashing neon lights, ya know. So I was praying. And next thing I know, the President, David, had his hand on my head, praying with me. I heard him say, "God, thank you for your child and thank you that she's following you. God, please bless the people that she will be leading and, God, bless the children that she's going to be leading."

TALK ABOUT A FLASHING NEON LIGHT! I just started trembling and shaking. David had never met me before, yet God told him what to say to me. It was absolutely amazing. So today, me and my counselor friends are going to Northwest to change my major to Elementary Education! Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE! I'm so excited for you Mabry! It's wonderful to know in which direction you would like to head - it gives your education much more purpose than just going through the motions. I'm glad that you love the children - school systems need more teachers like you! My 1st kindergarten students are now 28 years old, and I still love school ( I must - I went to school so that I can go to school everyday for the rest of my life!) The holidays and summer breaks are awesome, too! Plus also, you still will have Spring Break! GO MABRY!
Oh, glad too that you got to meet up with you co-counselors. Love you!