? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, December 29, 2008

...

I've been having a wonderful Christmas break so far, but I'm ready to move back into the dorms next Wednesday. Christmas was wonderful. I got all I asked for and more, including a new camera, digital picture frame, cell phone, movie musicals (MY FAVES!) and some cute new t-shirts that I love! Santa was super kind to me this year! We got Rock Band too, which is so much fun! I can rock out pretty hard on those drums! :)


A few updates:
~I'm still working out. I wasn't feeling well the first week of the break, and the second week of the break I was in Georgia, but I'm still working out. Santa brought me Sweatin to the Oldies 1--4 and I've loved dancing to them. They're so much fun! I should probably get back to the gym and do more strength training, but I'm just lazy. 2 pounds a week is my goal!
~I cut off all of my hair as a Christmas present to myself. It's really cute--really different, but really cute.


~Sad day. Emily and Elizabeth (my camp buddies and best friends in my dorm) aren't coming back to NWCC next semester. I know they're following God's will, but MY will is that they stay with me for forever. I know it's selfish of me, but you would be too! lol. I'm going to see them on Wednesday! We're gonna shoot off some fireworks and hang out and such. It'll be fun! I can't wait to see them again!

I have been incredibly financially irresponsible the last few years. So I'm making a New Years resolution starting TODAY to not spend any more debit card money on fast food. If I'm going to eat fast food, i'm going to pay cash for it. Ugh. I have a feeling that once school starts back up, i'm going to hate myself for this, but it needs to be done. I'm also not buying ANY more clothes until the ones I'm wearing are falling off of me. I've spent more money on clothes that I don't need than I have on groceries or anything else. And I'm also going to start saving and tithing my money. at least 10% to the church and at least $10 to savings each month. I want to bring glory to God with my finances like I do with the rest of my life. For some reason I think money is an area in my life that i can hide from God, but I know that's just not true. So, here ya go, God!

I realized not too long ago, that I've lived a very materialistic, instant gratification sort of life-style. I get what I want when I want it or I go crazy. I don't NEED anything at the moment, but I have this crazy urge to go spend money I don't have on something I won't use. It's ridiculous. So I'm changing that--one step at a time. I need to LEARN to be content the way Paul was in Philippians 4.

Anyways, here's some pictures that I've taken with my new camera over this Christmas break!

Oh Christmas Tree!



Mom's gonna kill me when she sees this but I don't care! :)

my favorite picture... Dad quit singing the song, so Pete had to pick up the drums AND vocals... so he stuck the mic down his shirt!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Mabry! I think it's wonderful that you are looking toward God in becoming financially responsible, and it will take tremendous will to only spend cash on fast food! That should certainly help you reach your weight goals each week,too. I love the picture of your Mom - hilarious! Your Christmas tree is beautiful. My favorite picture is the one of the skyline painted with the Almighty brush! Take care, and best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year! Hope you had your greens and black-eyed peas! (bleck!) Love, Aunt Pearl