? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, June 13, 2008

Camp week 1

Holy moly it has been an extremely exhausting and extremely spirit-filled week at camp. I'll start from the beginning.

I'm not sure what I was expecting to see when we drove past the sign that said Camp Lakeside, but this place was not quite what I imagined. I guess I was thinking it was going to be a huge place with 10 or 12 cabins, plenty of facilities, and lots of concrete and places to get away from bugs. But it wasn't.

Let's try 4 cabins to split between the guys and the girls, and one small cabin for the camp director, a small gym, a nice pool, and one very small dining hall all lined up down a gravel road about 200 feet long. It wasnt much, but it was just enough for us.

We had 14 children come to camp (7 boys and 7 girls) and 7 of them made a decision for the Lord this week!!

and not only that, but we had so much fun!! I bonded with all of the counselors and all of the children, and we played volleyball, shot 22 riffles, did archery, played kickball, learned some new songs, went canoeing, swam (2x a day!!), and praised the LORD!!! It was so wonderful!!

however my camera's batteries decided that even though they were brand new, they didn't want to work. so I didn't take any pictures of this first week. but i promise that next week there will be some pictures up!!

God is so big and He is definetely working in Camp Lakeside. He doesn't need top-notch facilities to work, and He showed me that this week. Oh my goodness!! It was just such an amazing week at camp. I can't wait to see what else God has in store for this place!!

1 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Mabry it sounds wonderful! How incredible that SEVEN children will now have Jesus as their Lord! The angels are certainly rejoicing this week!
I will pray that God will continue to use you and the other leaders to further His kingdom! Can't wait to hear more about it!